Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Beautiful

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day. After my interview (which went quite well), I walked down to the Thames. The sun was out, it was awesome. Since I brought my camera, I have some pictures, which you can see below. As you can see, simply fantastic weather for October.

Political thought of the day: Now that it's evident that Kerry got a nice bounce from the first debate, the Bush people should seriously think about cancelling the remaining debates. Reason being, Democrats traditionally do much better with domestic issues. Seeing how Kerry housed Bush on foreign policy, I can only imagine how well he's going to do on the economy and social policy. Seriously, I can't imagine what W. is going to do when Kerry says that allowing the assault weapons ban to expire increases the risk of terrorists walking into airports, shopping malls, etc. and opening fire. That incident at the LA airport isn't that distant of a memory, is it?

(Note: I'll ignore the factual nature of the argument that I've made above. Politically, Kerry can score points by explaining the assault weapons ban as critical to making it more difficult for terrorists to get automatic weapons. Realistically, they can probably get them quite easily with the ban in place.)

At any rate, seeing how the next debate is on at 3 am my time this friday, I probably won't get a chance to watch it. If CSPAN has it on their website, maybe I can catch a replay. I think Bush is in trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position