Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I’m a lazy blogger

Well, I could make excuses and say I had nothing to write about but instead, I’ll just fess up. I’m the worst kind of blogger. I write when I feel like it. And that makes for unreliability.

Anyway, to explain my thought process, I had it in mind to write about the whole “bitter” dustup. But then I remembered that American politics has been reduced to the absurdly stupid. When people seriously think there is a scandal about a man saying that poor people might be bitter about their circumstances, then we have really reached the bottom. So I discarded that figuring that if anyone was really interested to read or hear about that, they could tune in to any number of blogs or non-qualified TV personalities who think they are experts on everything when they’re really experts on nothing.

After that, I thought about writing about the events in the Candelaria of late. You’ll remember that it’s the part of Bogota in which I work. Of late, it’s routinely smelled like foul armpit odor (and I mean blocks and blocks of it), although, to be fair, the city has dispatched some cleaning crews to square things away. But I discarded that as well since I didn’t want to offend the oversensitive high schooler who reads any criticism of Colombia as an indict on the country, the culture, and everything that it has to offer.

So then I turned to other machinations of my brain. There was a hint of an idea somewhere but then I lost it so I’m guessing it must not have been that good.

So finally, I decided I would put up a complaint about my Ipod. Now, I have one of those super-mini Ipods that holds 1 gig and is about 1 inch by 1 inch in size. My wife got it free when she changed her pension company so any complaint I make here really has to be taken with a grain of salt. Anyway, I’ll start by saying that the Ipod randomizer is the least randomizing randomizer ever. I changed about 30% of my library the other day and expected that I would start hearing some of those new songs. Over the course of 2.5 hours of listening (bus rides and the gym), I heard 1 new song. In the same period, I heard 3 or 4 songs at least 3 times. Somebody get Steve Jobs on the phone.

Really though, my bigger question has to do with the earphones. I don’t know if I have abnormally shaped earlobes or if the Ipod is just not well designed but for some reason, I can’t maintain the “right” earplug in my right ear. It falls out. Yet, I don’t have that problem when I put it in my left ear. And, on top of that, the right earphone emits sound louder than the left. Any ideas on why that is? It’s not just my earplugs either. My wife, after seeing how useful an Ipod can be, bought one for herself and her’s are exactly the same. So any Ipod aficionados out there with answers to these critically important questions please chime in. Let me know if it’s just me or if there is some Ipod support group I can join.

Finally, I’ll conclude this missive by stating the obvious: I’m hungry, bored, and without a point. Somebody get me a burrito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position