Friday, September 05, 2008

McCain's Speech

I confess I watched very little. Five minutes of listening to the man would put me into a deep sleep, so I flipped channels and caught tidbits here and there. What I did see wasn't good (awful morelike) and the speech has been widely panned (CNN's Jeffrey Toobin called it the worst acceptance speech since Jimmy Carter in 1980).

So I won't comment on the substance. Instead, I just want to make one point. John McCain is a seriously creepy dude. I'm referring to, of course, his forced smiling. At several points, he finished a long ramble, looked up to the crowd, they applaused on cue, and then he gave the creepiest, most forced smile ever, almost like his handlers had written on the telepromter "smile here". And then, just as quickly as it had come, the smile was gone and his nose was back buried in his notes. Really, it creeped me out.

Anyway, it appears that the GOP strategy for November is two-fold: We've got great personal histories and the only way to change the GOP run Washington (note to Creepy White Guy - No "r" in Washington) is to bring in more GOPers to run Washington! I have a feeling that that's not going to fly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position