Friday, October 17, 2008

One reason I love me some Obama

From the New York Times Magazine:

"I am convinced that if there were no Fox News, I might be two or three points higher in the polls," Obama told me. "If I were watching Fox News, I wouldn’t vote for me, right? Because the way I’m portrayed 24/7 is as a freak! I am the latte-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effete, politically correct, arrogant liberal. Who wants somebody like that?

"I guess the point I’m making," he went on, "is that there is an entire industry now, an entire apparatus, designed to perpetuate this cultural schism, and it’s powerful. People want to know that you’re fighting for them, that you get them. And I actually think I do. But you know, if people are just seeing me in sound bites, they’re not going to discover that. That’s why I say that some of that may have to happen after the election, when they get to know you."

Originally from Daily Kos.

I have to be honest here. I watched me some Fox News the other night after the debate because CNN International cut off the post-game show a little early. It's pretty evident that Fox News has never been and never will be "News". It's also pretty evident that they employ a gang of morons who are only good at telling lies. I can only hope there is a special place in hell reserved for them.

But even beyond that, is Karl Rove really that stupid? It was the first time I'd seen him live and wow. Craven, amoral, and filthy he is. Intelligent, he is not. Same for Dick Morris (who I know very little about but who was entirely incoherent amidst the spittle). And frankly, former VP Nominee Geraldine Ferraro should be ashamed of herself. By going on Fox, she helps legitimize the organization. If I could, I would dedicate every moment I have to destroying Fox News. Anyone who wants to write me a grant to establish an NGO called "Destroy Fox News", let me know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position