Thursday, August 26, 2004

Catching Up

It's been a busy couple days, so i'll try to give the run down.

On Tuesday, Larry, Vanessa, and I walked around town (Knightsbridge, Hyde Park). We ended up in the British Museum which was pretty solid. The British Musuem is not exactly coherent; it's more like a random collection of artifacts that the Brits stole from the rest of the world hundreds of years ago. Still, lots of cool things to see there.

On the way back, we stopped in at Wagamama and had some dinner. We bounced around a couple of pubs after that, finally calling it a night around 11 or so (the pubs close at 11).

On Wednesday, I met with my non-credit research seminar group and we had coffee (which was our assigned research topic). We hung around campus for awhile because no one showed up on time. I tried to take the bus and failed miserably. (I figured it out today, so now i'm an official bus rider.) One dude never showed, although he was always "en route".

I met Larry and Vanessa for lunch at a local pub (The Globe) and then we headed southeast toward Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, and Westminster. It started raining when we got to Westminster, so we took refuge in a pub (The Red Lion). But, unlike most of the storms i've experienced here, this one didn't want to go away. We managed to get to the Thames for a bit, but finally called it quits and went back to their hotel. We had dinner plans with one of Vanessa's friends from DC who works in London, so we ended up watching the olympics for an hour before meeting her friend Dierdre.

We had dinner at a tasty (and spicy) Thai restaurant in the neighborhood and then hit a local pub for a couple of pints.

All in all, it was great to see Larry and Vanessa. They're flying back to the States in an hour or so and they have jobs waiting.

My agenda today is to take care of some administrative things, job hunt, and go to class at 330. I managed to check out two of my course books for my Northeast Asia class, so I'm beginning to read up on Japanese history as well. It's pretty interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position