Friday, August 20, 2004

Good day

Today was a great day. It was the first day where I really thought I made the right decision moving to London. Orientation was fantastic, and I met many intersting people. I'm taking Intro to IR and Northeast Asia/Japan area studies.

After orientation, I went out with a bunch of people to a nearby pub and drank from 4 to 11. Yes, the alcohol was flowing. I had the misfortune (or fortune) of running into some english lady who clearly was crazy. I don't think I understood much of what she said except that she wanted to take me home with her. Needless to say, I declined. England is a crazy country. You never know who you're going to meet in a pub and what nationality they will be. It was a great time and I didn't spend much money.

I'm excited for my classes. My advisor Yossi seems like a really good guy and I get to take Methods and International Political Economy in the 2nd quarter. A good theoretical background will serve me well. Plus, I'm not the oldest guy in my program - some other dude is in his 50s (I think). But there are only 7 or 8 of us and 3.5 are from the US (one is here for 1 semester, thus the .5). At any rate, we'll be meeting others who started before us next week. I have class 2 times a week, which means I'll be able to work the other 3 days.

This is turning out quite nicely. What a wonderful life I am leading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position