Monday, October 18, 2004

Train Wreck

Tonight I went out with some people at the house for dinner. It's a funny cultural thing, I think. When I asked my Spanish friend what the plan was, he said "dinner". Well, it turned out to be dinner and a free concert at a pub after. Not that I was complaining. It's just interesting. When I asked my British friend, he told me the full story.

At any rate, two of the three bands that played were a joke. One of them was so bad I felt that they must have been trying to be bad. It could only have been a poor attempt at irony. At least, that's what I tell myself.

The third band, however, was really really good. They didn't have a singer, though, which was their one fault. Musically, they were fantastic. All in all, a fun night.

As an aside, I must relate what just occurred seconds ago. Some of us were in the computer room which is in the basement, below the assistant warden's residence. Her husband is this vile man with no manners and a foul temper 24/7. I suppose that we were making noise, I don't really know how thick the floor is, but it must have been enough to disturb this fellow's slumber. He just came down, picked out one guy, and just yelled at him in the most ridiculous way. He's so obnoxious. I'm thinking about saying something to the warden. He's a pretty reasonable guy all in all and this aggression should not stand. It's one thing to come down and say, "Can you keep it down, it's a little noisy". It's quite another to act the asshole and virtually shout "How many times must I tell you...I'll make you understand...etc". So ridiculous.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've always been a big fan of traps...trip the bugger up.

Still reading this blog btw, still very good stuff!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position