Thursday, October 14, 2004

Random Thoughts

First, I think that Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is probably the most incredible piece of music ever written. Truly fantastic.

Second, this blog was not intended to be a political rant. It has become a regular political diatribe because of the impending election and my fascination with American politics. But, at this point, I feel like I've said too much, so I'm going to scale it back a bit. I'll still write about the new stuff that happens, but I'm going to try to focus on what's actually going on here and in my life.

Third, I haven't seen the debate yet and won't until Saturday at the earliest. So I won't be commenting on that for quite a bit.

Fourth, there are two interesting historical facts that I think should be considered:

1. When a sitting President is in a statistical tie a month before the election and there are a large number of undecided voters, the incumbent ALWAYS loses. The reason is that the "undecided" know they don't like the current Prez, but they're not sure about the new candidate so they wait until the last moment to decide. It will be very interesting to see if this repeats itself this year.

2. Since 1938, incumbents ALWAYS lose if the Washington Redskins lose their last game before the election. The Skins last game prior to Nov 2 is against Green Bay and since the Skins basically suck, I'd say there's a good chance they'll lose that game.

That being said, I'm calling this election for Kerry.

Ok, I have to run. I have my Intro final in about 3.5 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position