Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tonight, Tonight

Well, I didn't hear from the Prototype for almost two days. I called and left a message on Sunday and Monday. She finally called me back around 8 or so last night. We're going out tonight. I'm not entirely sure what to expect. In all likelihood she ended up feeling guilty for kissing me again and didn't know what to say to me. At least, that's my pessimistic side talking. But she also may just have needed some time to figure things out on her own - what she wants, what she's willing to risk. I don't really know. I do know, however, that if we do have the friend conversation again tonight, I'm going to make my thoughts and feelings known. I held back last time because I was shocked, quite sick, and I didn't have well thought out things to say. This time I'm ready to express myself. It should be interesting.

Our internet was out again for two days. That's pretty much a snapshot of what's wrong with this country. The internet problem here is probably something as simple as rebooting a server. But, just like everything else around here, it doesn't get done when needed, it gets done when they get around to it. Customer service is abysmal here. A friend was telling me yesterday that he witnessed an event in a store down the street. A woman asked the clerk if they had a product that she wanted at another store and the clerk responded, "How the hell should I know? Do you think I'm psychic or something?", not even blinking an eye at the computer before her or the phone on the counter. Pretty much, the only thing they do good around here is finance. Everything else is half-assed.

Yesterday I basically did chores around the house. Cleaning, laundry that sort of thing. I ran into a friend on the street last night and ended up going to a local pub for a couple pints. Eurotrash even rode the tube down to join us. It was a decent time, but my mind was elsewhere. After the pub closed, I stopped off at my neighbors house. Those two have great arguments back and forth about the oddest points. Last night's best: Rumsfeld should step down because he didn't personally sign the letters to families of soldiers that were killed in Iraq versus George Bush has the same problem. Of course, the easy solution is that they should all step down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position