Tuesday, December 07, 2004

And good day to you, sir!

Some of you may have noticed that I added a nickname "glossary" on the right panel of the blog. It was getting cumbersome, so if you ever wonder who I'm talking about, just look over there.

The other day I was eating dinner with a Spanish friend of mine here in the house. I looked down at my plate and saw healthy vegetables, a nice salad, and some chicken. I looked over at his and saw a bowlful of hotdogs, some ketchup, and two peices of white bread. Yes, the Spaniards have terrible diets. Dude ate a whole package of (eight!) hot dogs in one sitting.

I didn't do a whole lot over the weekend. Saturday I spent the evening working on my paper (the day was spent playing madden and generally procrastinating). I finished the damned paper on Sunday, which was nice I suppose. I really wasn't feeling that one though. Just had to force myself to get through it. School is almost up for the semester, so I'm pretty busy right now.

Last night after class, I hit the pub with Real World and the Truth. She's working on having her worst quarter of classes "ever" or so she says. Sometimes I wonder if her medication just works better on certain days or what. It's like talking to two different people.

At any rate, after we shut down the pub, I went home and hung out with my neighbors. They're a riot. There's this big issue in the Irish peace process right now about the IRA giving up guns as a symbol that they're done with violence. My neighbors, one being british the other irish, got into a very heated argument about it. I don't know a whole lot about the conflict, but it was pretty amusing. The british guy likes to see the world in rose colored glasses and he intentionally says things to get a rise out of people. So, for example, he'll say something like "When we english decided to let you Americans have your own little country, we was just being charitable. And look how far you've come after we brought you up."

Today I'm feeling quite tired. I have class in an hour and after that I think I'm coming home to rest up. Unfortunately, I have to go to work tomorrow. Blech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position