Saturday, January 22, 2005

Random

Yesterday was chaotic and random. That being said, it was a pretty good day. I got up and went into to school for class. On the way, Real World sent me annoying text's. I'm really getting fed up with her. As I was telling the Prototype last night, I get absolutely nothing out of the friendship, and while I like to be there for people, it can't always be a one way street. Whatever, I've successfully distanced myself from Real World since she came back, so I'll just deal with the annoyance every now and then.

Class was pretty solid, but I was more pleased that there were 9 women and 4 men than anything else. Of course, one of them is a "linebacker", one of them is seriously involved with a man, and five of them I don't like at all, but that does leave two, which is better than last semester. At any rate, I think that class is going to be terribly easy.
After class, Eurotrash and I decided to have our ritual post-class pint. It's sort of mandatory these days, especially after Real World opens her mouth. Yesterday, we were talking about identity issues because the class is about humanitarian issues and refugee/migration. So of course Real World has to go on and on with personal crap that should be kept personal not flaunted to a group of 14 strangers.

The Uni pub wasn't open yet (it was around 4 or so), so we went down the street to the Volunteer. It's an ok pub even if it is a little overpriced. After we left (about 5), we ran into one of the people that works at the college. She was meeting with a prospective student and the Prototype and she insisted that we come along (ok, wasn't that hard to make me go). So we had drinks at the pub for awhile (Eurotrash and I ate as well). Finally, the Prototype and the prospective student wanted to go get some food somewhere, so the three of us (at the Prototype's explicit request "Please come", I came along) went to this italian restaurant on St. James street (about 15 minutes walking). I didn't eat, but I did enjoy the company.

After that, we ended up at a club called The Loop and danced until 3 in the morning. While there, I did get a little pissed off at the Prototype though. I don't think she was trying to pick this guy up, but she did end up talking to some bloke for about 10 minutes. That is a personality thing for her because she'll talk to anyone, nasty or not. But it always annoys me when she does that because I feel that if you go to the club with someone you should be paying attention to them, not talking to total strangers, even if you're not dating. Plus, maybe she was trying to pick him up. I mean, what the hell do I know? The bottom line is, the last thing I want to see is the Prototype getting together with another man. I think I'd rather go skinny dipping in the Thames in the middle of winter. Fortunately, I didn't expose that anger to her as that would have been poor form and bad strategy.

All in all, it was a fun night although I was exhausted by the end of it. I was just happy to go home, really.

At the end of the day, I just don't think the Prototype and I are going to get together. My gut says that she's not interested in that anymore. I could be wrong (I've shown a vast inability to understand this woman so far), but it's just my perception right now. She's a great woman and a great person, but I think I just have to start moving on and try to find someone else. Sigh. This does seem to be the story of my life, doesn't it?

The good news for her, however, is that she got a job yesterday. It's a contract position (3 months minimum, probably longer), but it's a good job for her and the pay is pretty decent. She was pretty happy about that. No more temping for shite wages.

I do wish her the best and I will remain friends with her because when it comes down to it, she's the only person here who I've been able to engage mentally and be satisfied with the conversation and that says something, at least to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position