Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Cold Rain is my favorite

That's right, cold, nasty, dreary rain. Yes, this is why I live in London. I'm slowly becoming used to being in some state of cold and/or wet all the time. In fact, the only times that I'm actually warm (and dry) are when I pump the space heater in my room up to high. Aside from that, I'm pretty much cold all the time. Oh Spring, where are ye?

I didn't have to go to work today. I ended up working late on Monday - a 14 hour day. So I topped out at 20 hours yesterday. All things being equal, I would rather have worked today and made some money because "I'm ballin' on a budget" if you know what I mean. Still, I got the nice perk of dinner and a cab ride home on Monday night paid for by the firm, so at least I got something for my effort. This, of course, is lock step with the Temp Rules. We are allocated 15 pounds for dinner which means that we ordered 15 pounds each - or, to put it more clearly, my mate and I both had two dinners. Temp Rules require such action. (There can be no argument on this point.)

Anyway, yesterday at work was long and painful. I was totally exhausted. When you get home from work after 11 pm, you can't just go to bed right away. So Monday night I ended up going to bed at 2 which meant back-to-back 6 hours of sleep with a 14 hour work day sandwiched in between. Yeah, I was hurting yesterday.

I still have a bunch of school work to do. Tonight I have class (stay tuned: Real World's presentation is tonight) and tomorrow I have to go to the British Library to do some research. Our research facilities at school are piss poor at best. I haven't gotten much done since Sunday for obvious reasons, but I did manage to do a bit of research yesterday at work (it was really slow).

Yesterday at lunch I was chatting with Real World and she said that she's going to start toning it down a bit in public conversation. Apparently, her boyfriend has trouble with her putting out extremely inappropriate items for public consumption as well. I used this opportunity to explain my theory about why she does it. My argument is that she craves attention and when she's in a group setting, she never gets any because she rarely says anything intelligent (I didn't tell her that part). So, her solution is to say wildly personal and inappropriate things because people will pay attention, even if they are shocked and appalled. Surprisingly, she took it in stride when I told her that. Maybe it will make a difference, because I'm quite tired of hearing about her sex life, her gay ex-boyfriend, etc., etc., etc.

I went and got a haircut today. Sadly, I have yet to find anyone in this country that cuts a decent head of hair. Now, I wasn't complaining too much because nobody really minds a smoking hot Lithuanian girl, but then I got home. Wow did she butcher my head. She also had the sideburns at two different lengths, something I had to correct at home. This is my fourth haircut from the fourth different person and they've all been shite cuts. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised because the service industry isn't exactly one of the Brit strong suits, but still. You'd think you could get a decent cut somewhere in this city (that doesn't cost you 50 quid).

1 Comments:

Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

My last bad cut resulted in me looking like Kurt Russell in Soldier. I still go there, too.

And my hair still sucks. One day...

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position