Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Well laid plans get...

...changed. American Airlines lost one of Eric's bags somewhere in Boston and he's been trying to get it back since he arrived on Sunday. It was supposed to be at the hotel on Monday morning, but, as is their custom, American was too incompetent to actually put the bag on the plane for a second time and it remained in Boston. So, he spent many long hours yesterday attempting to contact the right people by phone, making his case for getting the damn bag on the plane, and generally trying to un-nobify the situation. It should have arrived this morning, but I do not know yet if it did.

At any rate, since the British Musuem was obviously out (since we didn't get everything sorted out until late and then had to eat - yummy Nando's chicken), we ended up going to a local pub. We went into a pub for food the other day, but this time we went to drink. While there, one of the bartenders who I somewhat know came over and chatted me up a bit. Now, I felt bad because I don't remember her name, I met her at a time that I may have been interested in hooking up with her, and I hate giving people the wrong impression. But, as she was working, she did not stay long. She did, however, suggest that I call up her roomate Fabian so that we could "hang out".

The pub was good fun. Not only did we have a few pints, but we also saw the neighborhood transvestite. I've heard rumors of "her", but had never actually seen, or more to the point, smelled this particular individual. But, true to form, our night would not have been complete without a transvestite (Eric and Lisa are getting the true London experience). Not only did she look like a man, but she had the most overwhelming and powerfully offensive perfume. After doing a walk about the room, scoping the scene, she sauntered over to this area of couches behind our table and asked in a very mannish voice, "can I sit here?". Now, the young couple that was there clearly didn't want her to sit down, but they were the nice sort and said yes. Less than five minutes later and they cleared out. Good times.

After the pub, we went back to my place to cook food. I set Eric to chopping and I got the chicken marinating. Quesadillas were the order of the day. It took about an hour, but we had tasty and delicious food, hot and fresh. Well worth the effort. My heat is not working in my room (shocker), but while cooking, I mentioned this to one of my friends in the house and she said she had an extra space heater, so she loaned me that. It made a huge difference.

Today, we're planning on the Tower of London. If Eric's bag doesn't show up, we'll have to stop at a Gap or something so that he can get some clean clothing. Hopefully it's there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position