Thursday, March 31, 2005

Now I'm really angry

So the events from Sunday night are coming a bit more into focus. It seems that both The Roving Alcoholic and I were dosed with some type of drug at the party we attended. I don't know what they slipped in our drink (or who did it), but the evidence seems clear enough.

Neither The Roving Alcoholic nor I had enough booze to be falling down drunk. That's the first clue. In fact, I've seen him drink at least five times the amount of booze in one night and he never even came close to falling over drunk. Not only that, he drinks Vodka-Red Bull which, as some may be aware, contains the most caffeine of any beverage on the market and routinely causes my mate to run around like he's on coke. This time, he was sitting on the ground at one point virtually passing out (which was when I grabbed him and we left). He also told me that he kept passing out in the cab on the way home and couldn't get out of bed the next day although he was not hungover.

My experience is similar, although I was not falling down drunk. Instead, there are portions of the night I simply do not remember. And that is a total anomaly. See, even when I get really pissed and don't remember the full details of a night out, I will remember when someone says, "Who was that girl you were dancing with?" This time, I have zero memory of dancing with anyone, there are portions of the night that are extremely hazy (how exactly did I get to my bus?), and I did things that were completely uncharacteristic (getting lost in Soho, locking myself out of my room), all dead give aways for getting drugged. Not only that, on Monday, I was definitely not hungover, but was just completely out of it and feeling horrible. I had periods of intense sweating, followed by intense cooling, also clear signs of being doped.

So, in the end, it appears that some f*ckstick slipped something in our drinks, probably a date rape drug, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I'm really quite angry about this, especially since I'm normally very careful with watching my drinks when I go out (because I know this kind of thing happens). But I never in a million years expected something like that to happen at a quasi-office party that seemed filled with decent people. Of course, all of this leads me to suspect Captain Ass Grabber and if I ever see him again, I will be forced to beat his lilly white ass. Either that, or turn him into the cops. Because unless it was a bartender (I've been told that it is a possibility), he's the only guy I think it could have been.

Fortunately, there are no long term side effects to being doped by a date rape drug (GHB, Rhohypnol, or Ketamine). Of course, the downside is that they pass out of your system so quickly that they're untraceable after a short period of time (72 hours for Ketamine, 12 or less for the other two), so it's too late to get verification of what exactly happened. But, I don't think further verification is actually necessary. From what I've read and heard, some clown doped me up in the hopes that it would lower my inhibitions so that he could take advantage of me. Little did he know that I was more likely to get violent than inhibited.

Anyway, I called out of work sick yesterday. Not only could I not be bothered with work, I had a presentation to do in last night's class and I wanted to spend more time preparing. It helped that I have a bit of a cold and I sounded terrible when I woke up. The office administrator had no problem with me calling out, especially since all the partners are away on holiday meaning there's virtually no work to do at all. The presentation went well and I'm enjoying this class. It's international law and it requires a good bit of work, but it's pretty interesting. Law in any terms is a pretty complicated subject.

Today I've been taking it easy. I think I'm going out with the Roving Alcoholic and a gaggle of British nurses tonight. He's dating one and she has several single friends and who am I to turn down a night with cute nurses? I have a good bit of schoolwork to do, so I think this will probably be my one night out for the weekend, although I will try to see the Colombian girl this weekend if I can.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you called in sick, did you tell them you were not feeling clever?

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position