Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Where's Waldo

I don't know and I wouldn't tell you if I did. Go ask a toddler.

I haven't posted here in quite a bit of time, so I have some updating to do. Instead of a chronology, I'm gonna just roll by the issues.

The New Hotness (aka 'Charlie', aka 'No Dice')

So I went out with the Vietnamese girl on Friday night. She and her friend and Smooth Like Butta' actually. We went to a pub and then back to my place (what a joke that was) for a bit. It wasn't a late night, which was good. Once again, she was all over me and I was willing. I was beginning to have strong reservations at this time, however, because she really had little ability to interest my mind in conversation (or hold a conversation at all for that matter). She wanted me to go out with her again on Saturday, but I wasn't having that. More on that later.

Anyway, we got together on Sunday and my worst fears were confirmed. She's vacant. Or if not vacant, she's just not the type of person I would want to spend time with. We went to a movie (more on that later as well) and she just doesn't interest me. That's the short of it. When I ask about what someone thinks about something and they reply, "oh, I don't know - you know more about that sort of stuff anyway...", well, we're going to have problems. Is it too much to ask that a woman has an opinion about something? There are a whole host of other things as well, but I won't belabor the details. Bottom line: nice girl, not for me.

That being said, it's a bit sticky right now. I hope I haven't led her on or anything because I know that she likes me a good bit. I'm not sure if I should call her and just tell her that I'm not really interested in seeing her again (my gut suggest yes - that's the standup thing to do) or if I just let things slide. She may call me if I don't call her, so the question may be moot. Either way, I don't want to hurt her feelings or anything, I just feel absolutely nothing when I'm with her (and actively think about what I'm going to do when she's gone).

Real World

I really wish I could videotape every interaction of Real World's life (except when she's naked or having sex - vomit). She's a case study on how not to lead a life and ultimately finds new ways to disturb me and everyone around her. I mentioned previously that she broke up with her boyfriend. What I didn't know, and found out Saturday when I spent the day with her being the good friend, was that she totally went off the deep end - and by that I mean TOTALLY.

First, she hacked into her ex's email account. It wasn't hard, he uses like one password for everything and she figured it out quickly. She did this because she "wanted to know why" he left her. Doing that, however, revealed that he hooked up with someone else after their big fight - something she sees as cheating, even though they were probably already broken up. Getting increasingly incensed, she sees that he's emailed people suggesting that she was too clingy (she is) and that she was putting pressure on him and he wasn't ready for that (all true - although he started that). But, then, in some form of ego protection, he claimed she was stalking him (possible but unverifiable). Now, I'm not an expert or anything, but when two people break up, and one of them doesn't want it to end, and the other lies about why, well, it's pretty natural to send a few emails asking why, especially when you get dumped via a text message. So he shouldn't have said "stalking", but then again, he's an utter jackass, so there's no surprise there.

At any rate, Real World lost it. Completely. She email EVERYONE in his address book - including two places that he had interviewed at recently - the email where he describes "cheating" on her. When he finds out, he flips (as he should) and sends her a string of nasty messages. She cuts and pastes those and then emails that out to ALL of his friends with the line "see what kind of guy he is". Now they've been having a pissing match via email, she's regretting it all, but now is feeling harassed. And yes, she went to the police station and filed a report last night with all of his "harassing" emails in hand as evidence. I have yet to hear the full story about how that went.

I can't even go into the rest of the story. Because it gets worse and I just won't go there in public.

Don't Move

So the movie I saw on Sunday (Don't Move) which was quite excellent in a really demented sort of way. The reviews have been up and down (rottentomatoes gave it about a 50%) but that doesn't mean jack. In fact, I'm hope I'm not reading into the movie because everything I've seen describes it as a simple love story which, to me, is like describing a burrito as a simple sandwich wrap. Anyway, the acting is fantastic, the drama is poignant, and there is a bigger message that is perhaps too subtle causing some people (reviewers) to miss it, but I think is the more important message. Oh, there's also a lot of sex, although not much nudity. This isn't the kind of movie you take a teenager to either.

School

School is underway again. I'm taking three courses this term which will be a lot of work. But I'm up for it. Going out all the time and living it up, while fun for a bit, isn't really fulfilling and I'm tired of that lifestyle. I have a simple theory about meeting people at clubs (STAMPAC) and this latest bout has born that out - you don't meet people you would want to be with at a club, even if they are there. And frankly, I'm tired of going to dodgy shite-holes, talking to whatever girl walks by, trying to pull numbers, all the while getting pissed on cheap beer or alcohol on a routine basis. That ain't a life - at least not for me.

So, I'm pulling back from that. It's become a waste of time and money and I'm just not there right now. Even though I like to dance, I won't be doing any of that for awhile unless I'm doing it with someone I really like. Instead, I'm going to hang out with my mates, focus on school and work, hopefully do a little traveling (Dublin next week it looks like), and not worry about trying to meet girls. Hopefully I'll get to see the Prototype as well because she's been absent from my life for the most part of three weeks and that's unacceptable. She's the best friend I have here and I'm ignoring her. I feel like a jackass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position