Sunday, March 13, 2005

"Why did you say that twice? I didn't."

One pound to whomever can place the above quote, people from Leesburg, Virginia excluded from competitition as explicitly outlined in "entry rules". Payment of £1 only transferable in UK.

I had a very specific plan as to how I wanted to finish out this term. I needed to finish both papers and ace my exam on Saturday so that I could go out Saturday night. My motivation was high, my energy level was juiced up on giant cups of caffeine, my attitude was right. Needless to say, mission accomplished.

I have to confess, I went out with the Prototype on Friday night. It was not part of the "plan", but she wanted to hang and we hadn't hung out in awhile so I was game. We ended up sharing a bottle of wine, which was also not part of the plan, but my Brit-tough liver sustained me and I was able to get work done after I came home from the pub. She had the utmost of confidence in me, so she told me not to worry about losing 4 hours of study time hanging with her. Still, I followed my preperation plan, went to sleep, got up early on Saturday, finished up my studying, whipped that exam into order, and then hit the pub.

I also have to confess that at the pub, I was in a great state of self-pleasedness. Part of that is that when you set goals for yourself, no matter how sophisticated or mundane, there is a natural euphoric feeling of fullfilling those goals (kind of like how George Bush did a war with Iraq and then was able to put that big banner up on that Navy Boat "mission accomplished". George must have felt really warm inside on that day). But, there was another feeling of accomplishment that comes from knowing that you scored. I'll give an example. If you play football and you give your all out effort and your team wins, you feel awesome. But if you're the one that scores the goal and gets to run around like crazy, ripping your shirt off and getting the crowd insenced...well, that just takes it to a whole 'nuther level. And that's what I did to that exam.

Anyway, Eurotrash was very complementary at the pub. He basically told me not to worry about jobs and things like that because I'm the top student in the program, I'm going to graduate number one, and I'll write a kick ass thesis that will mean I can write my own ticket. I had not thought of it like that and it was a VERY nice thing to say (and especially meaningful from someone who knows me well and whom I respect). It is an unusual feeling to be in that position. I remember knowing the top student at Emory (bigger pond, I know) and I always wondered what that was like.

So after the pub, I went home, took a 30 minute nap (entirely necessary), and met up with Smooth Like Butta' for some clubbing. We went to a wanna-be posh club called Tiger Tiger in Picadilly Circus. It's not the greatest place but it has two things that every man wanted last night: alcohol and women. And there are LOTS of cute to hot girls at that place. I ended up meeting some Vietnamese girl who was all over me, all night and danced with her for like 4 hours. Yeah, I'm beat down today. Of course, the good thing about it was that when you pick up a random woman and dance with her, you really don't have time to get a drink at the bar, so I didn't actually drink very much which was good for me head, me liver, and me wallet. We left at 3:30 when the place closed. I got her number and gave her mine, figuring I would call her tonight. She texted me this morning. I think that she likes me. Hehe. Now, I don't know if I like her because I don't know much about her aside from the basics. But she is hot, so that's saying somethig.

Today, within 30 minutes of waking, my entire day was booked solid. I knew I had to do laundry, so that was task one. Then Real World called and wanted to get some coffee (and borrow £100 until Thursday when she gets paid - she's moved into a new flat and needs the money to cover the security deposit), which she is now en route to Earl's Court. And, the Prototype called and wants to get an early dinner and see a movie if we have time.

I am not complaining. I like being sociable. Plus, I'm in a jolly good mood right now and I want to do more than clean my mess of a room. Cheerio!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The source of the subject line is from a crude joke told by the character Hawkins (played by Shane Black) in the movie "Predator".

May I have my pound in Euros?

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position