Saturday, June 18, 2005

Short but worthy

So I met up with Ms. South Africa last night. It was a relatively short date (about 2 hours) but worth mentioning because I actually like this one, which is notable in itself.

My first impression when I met up with her was that she was about as cute as I thought she was - a good sign. You never know when you have the drunk goggles on, but I was confident and that paid off. She's cute, fit, and pretty much fits my prototype. Plus, she has that ever so endearing accent that I simply can't get enough of (never end a sentence with a preposition).

Anyway, we went to this rather shoddy pub for a drink. On Friday at 6pm in The City, you pretty much have to go to a shoddy pub to get a seat and to hear what the other person is saying, so I don't think we minded much. At least, she didn't appear to mind. We talked for roughly two hours at which point she had to go...back to work. I surprised myself by being disappointed. I guess time passed naturally and interest was growing, so I didn't realize that I was starting to like her. She was reluctant to go and she quickly and immediately agreed to see me again, hopefully Sunday if things go well.

I was actually a bit nervous at meeting her, which was unusual for me in the last 6 months or so. The difference is, however, that this is a proper woman, with a good job, a good future, and a good head on her shoulders. I'm more interested in what she has to say, what she thinks of me, and things like that than I have been with other women I've met here. I suppose I would have felt the same way with Ms. Colorado if we had met in similar fashion, but that's a whole 'nutha saga that just doesn't warrant further discussion. At any rate, whatever nerves I had, faded away quickly; I was very comfortable with her which I think is a good sign. Who knows what the future holds, but at the least, it was nice to go out with a nice woman who has potential - a rarity for me. I also thought it said something that she was willing to leave work, even when she should have stayed, to meet with me instead of canceling or postponing. I, for one, would not have wanted to go back to work at 8 pm for another hour or so. But, if I was in her position, I probably would have done the same thing.

At any rate, all this leaves me in a fuzzy position because I have a ton of work to do and instead of being sensible and going home, I met up the Roving Alcoholic for some drinks (they were free, who was I to argue?). He ended up getting mashed up and when he gets like that he's a terrible drunk and he pisses me off. So I left about 10:30, but I was still decently intoxicated (the drinks were absurdly strong at this club) so the night was a wash, as was this morning. I blame me. So now it's about 2pm, I've done about an hour's worth of work on my paper and I have about 10 more hours to go. Of course, it helps to have a bit of incentive. If I finish this thing up today, then I get to see Ms. South Africa tomorrow...so I'm off to kick some ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

That's incentive all right. At least you've got a carrot to follow for ten hours. If your only reward was more drinking with idiots, the slog might feel a bit rougher.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position