Thursday, April 28, 2005

The advantages to not sleeping properly

So I'm slowly getting better, but it's taking forever. The sore throat is like the rude party guest that shows up late and stays forever - it just doesn't want to go away entirely just yet. No matter, I loaded up on Halls and lozenges so I'll fight that bastard tooth and nail.

Anyway, I haven't been sleeping properly with this illness. Instead, I'll sleep for a couple hours, wake up and not be able to pass out again for an hour or so. Last night, after two hours of sleep, I got up and finished my paper. I decided to be productive instead of tossing and turning half the night. Now that it's basically done (need to make a few edits/revisions prior to class) I feel good about that. This weekend I can primarily focus on my Korea paper which I've been neglecting for weeks. Good thing I generated a ton of political capital with the Prof.

I know that Kylie Minogue is totally hot and tempting. And I know that she has some catchy tunes. But can anyone think of another singer that can sell out SEVEN shows in 10 nights in London? I'm not joking. Last night was night #1. Of course, I get the full gauntlet because the venue is about a stone's throw from my balcony. There's nothing like drunken revelers at all hours of the night doing their best Kylie impersonation at top volume.

I searched around for a new place to live yesterday and it's not as hopeless as it seems. I can't afford to move just yet, but I should be able to in July. I pay about 85 pounds/week now (which is how these backward Brits do things) and I basically need to be able to afford 100 pounds/week to get something worth living in. Not so unattainable if I'm working full time. I've already seen some nice places online that are not far from where I live now in that range. So that's the plan as of now.

Generally, if a woman gives you her number, she wants you to call, right? So why is it that the British girl I met last Friday did not answer when I called on Sunday and did not call me back? Frankly, I don't remember much about her aside from a few tidbits of conversation and that she was blonde, but I would have gone out with her once anyway just because she's British and I like the way she talked. I find it very curious that a woman who made a point to come over and talk to me (I was sitting on a couch), generally seemed to enjoy the conversation, and then gave me her number when I asked for it would ignore my call in such a cavalier fashion. Who knows, either way I gotta get a shower and a shave and move my ass to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position