Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Slow Improvement

Finally beginning to feel almost like a normal human being. At least I'm well enough to get back to work. I must have slept 15 hours yesterday. Of course, I realized last night that I had missed a golden opportunity. When I went to Geneva, I read in the on flight magazine about a study suggesting that an enzyme in dark chocolate was the most powerful cough suppressant yet discovered - much better than the stuff you buy at the pharmacy. So, I went out and bought a bunch of dark chocolate last night and had a feast. Did it work? Who knows. I trust the science, but I also trust in any opportunity to consume chocolate.

Anyway, I managed to get about half of my Foreign Policy paper done last night. I'll probably finish it at work today. It looks to be a relatively slow day (as usual). I got my inland revenue tax form at work today. I'm not really sure what it's all about, so I asked our accountant guy here. He's going to sort it out for me. I'm due to get my entire £230 back. There is much rejoicing.

Today is sizing up to be a particularly normal London Spring day. It was cool but bright and sunny this morning, the temperature is expected to rise to 16 (61), followed by afternoon showers and things of that nature. At least there is sun. Tonight, I fully expect to pass out immediately upon arrival home. I'm already feeling fatigued and it's only 10:30. That's the odd thing about this latest illness. I've alternately incredibly tired and incredibly hungry.

I'm feeling a bit homesick this week. Being under the weather will do that to you, I suppose. But also, I think there's something quite nice about America and I'm a bit fatigued with having to speak slowly, listen extra hard, and things like that when I converse with non-native English speakers. Of course, my patience is quite low right now because I'm ill, but it does get tiresome at times. Well, I'm not making any complaints about the totally hot German girl that moved into the house a couple weeks ago. Her broken English is never going to be a problem. But everyone else is bothersome.

Speaking of the house, I'm getting quite annoyed with them and I'm once again thinking of moving out. The guy who runs the place is such a passive-aggressive nob and I'm sick of things never working, of getting my stuff thrown out (lost some tupperware last week) by the cleaning staff, and of being constantly harassed about every little detail. It's worse than living in a school dorm. I'll look around online today and see what I can find. At this point, even if I have to move to a smaller place, it would be worth it so I'm not treated like a child on a day-to-day basis.

I'm not in the most cheerful moods this week. I really hate being sick. Hopefully I'll be back to full strength by Friday. I have a lot of schoolwork to do this week and I want to get cracking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position