Monday, January 31, 2005

Out Sick

Yuck. That's how I feel today. Started yesterday, or really Saturday to be precise. But I ate a whole pineapple on Saturday, a good bit of fruit yesterday and I hoped to stave off the illness. I failed. I called out sick from work today. Just couldn't get out of bed. I am feeling a bit better now, so I think I'll be back at work tomorrow. At least they're flexible. I can make up the time I missed today later in the week.

I pretty much just rested yesterday and today. I did have the energy to beat the Tenor in cards again. But that's about as lively as I've been for the last two days. Hopefully I'll feel back to normal by tomorrow.

Anyway, today I'm working on this presentation I have to give in my humanitarian issues class next week. It's more work than what most people will end up doing, but I felt like redirecting the course a little bit to something that I'm interested in, so it works out in my favor. Plus, the professor loves it when students take the initiative to talk about things that won't be directly covered in the class. The topic is: The Role of Satellite Monitoring in Arresting Genocide.

Tonight I plan to take it easy. I have big meal plans. When I get ill, I find myself wanting something really spicey, so I will make this dish that I really don't have a name for but is a combination of Asian flavors. I'm putting two peppers into it this time. Sometime, I really need to write down the recipe so that I don't forget it. Maybe later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position