Tuesday, February 01, 2005

3rd Posts in 1 Day

They said this whole blog thing was addictive...

Anyway, I had a couple things I wanted to relate while I was thinking of them. Namely, I really don't understand why some people have a penchant to habitually violate personal space. Now, I'm not talking about the "guy hug" or girlfriends getting close or anything like that. No, I'm referring to those unsavory characters that you run into on the Tube or in semi-public places like my residence. Earlier tonight, someone felt compelled to stand right up on my grill as if they were getting off at the next stop. Now, not only did they NOT get off at any of the next 5 stops, but they were on the wrong side of the train even if they had wanted to. I really don't get it. I mean, it's a half empty train. Wouldn't you give your fellow man a little space if you could? Especially after he coughed foul germs in your general direction? Whatever, at least he didn't stink (a rarity in these parts).

After I got home from work, I secured some drugs for this cold/illness that I'm dealing with. I got some all-in-one tablets that are supposed to stop the cough, sore throat, congestion, and residual aches and pains. Apparently, even though it was purchased at a premium, it's a half-assed solution just like most things in this country. Moderate relief of all symptoms doesn't add up in my book. Oddly, the information packet contains no warning about alcohol interactions. Wouldn't you think that in a nation of alcoholics (25% by some counts) that it would be prudent to include some warning to not use booze when dosing thyself on mega-pharmaceuticals?

So here I sit, at close to 9 pm GMT, listening to a little Dave Matthews. I logged on to have two gripes and a third anecdote that I no longer remember. Par for the course. At least I got to bitch about something...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't pickpocketed and I didn't move away because I'm obstinate like that! I had established my space. Instead, I just periodically glared at him.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position