Monday, November 08, 2004

Where to begin..

Ok, the internet is finally restored...four days later. Customer service is obviously not the British strong suit.

Concluding last week's tale -

So I hung out with my neighbor again on Thursday night. He's a good guy, but he drinks too damn much and by the transitive property of social drinking, that means I drank too damn much again. But I made it through work ok and then took a nap. Friday night there was a meet and greet for the new Webster students. I had a great time - met some new people, hung with old people, just straight up fun. I went out to a club after and danced for awhile in Brixton (hip hop, dodgy scene). It was fun, but I was spent early. Got home around 230 or so.

Saturday, it was my friend Fabian's birthday. He's Columbian and if there's one thing I know about Columbian's, it's never desert them on their birthday (I made that up of course). It was also Guy Fawkes Night, which is a lot like the American Independence Day, so there were fireworks everywhere. We ended up at a pub in Chelsea and had a good time. Right before closing, my Columbian friend Luis bought two full pitchers of beer to top off the night. Totally crazy. About 5 of us had 20 minutes to drink two pitchers. Somehow we made it.

After the pub closed, we went back to their flat and stayed up drinking until 6 in the morning. I'm officially in detox mode right now. No more booze for me for awhile! I just can't deal. On top of that, I'm a little bit unhealthy right now (head cold/ear issues), but I think I'm getting better. More than anything I'm really tired and I'm getting more rest. I just can't sustain the pace at which these people drink. Not in my chemistry, I suppose.

Today I had class, but I didn't do much else. I had to give a presentation on Sanctions Good/Bad, and it went off well. I have a paper due next week in my other class, so I really have to put my nose to the grindstone this week. No more partying for awhile.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bonfire night is NOTHING like independance day...lol.

It's the most retarded celebration I've ever seen.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we say cheers for no more drinking for a LONG while?

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a pound that says he's imbibing again before the weekend!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Political Favorites
Guilty Pleasures
Sports
Friends
My Global Position